- FOUND: misfires appear to be occurring on cylinder one at times and on cylinder 4 at times. The spark plug wires are deteriorated, the electrodes stay on the spark plugs when the wires are disconnected. There is also a code setting P0340 for the bank 1 cam position sensor circuit. Recommend replacing the spark plugs and spark plug wires with Factory equipment parts and retesting the ignition system. Will need to scope test the cam position sensor on cylinder Bank 1 to determine the cause for the code setting and extended cranking. Scope tested the cam position sensor and found that the signal voltage amplitude is too low for the computer to recognize the signal switching. Could be a faulty cam sensor. Recommend replace the cam position sensor and retest.
- Courtesy Vehicle Inspection: Includes vehicle inspection – report to be sent via text on any visual observations & any Scheduled MFG recommendations.
- CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR – Remove & Replace
- SPARK PLUGS & WIRE SET – Remove & Replace
- REMOVE & REPLACE BATTERY TERMINAL
FRANCIS A. gave our service a 5 star review on 6/20/2023