- SMOG INSPECTION
- FOUND: there are three separate trouble codes stored: p0325 knock sensor circuit fault, p2138 throttle pedal position sensor correlation fault, and P0171 system lean. Additional diagnostic time will be needed due to the number of codes. 2.0 additional. The clamp that secures the intake air boot to the mass air flow sensor is missing the screw that tightens it. This may cause false air to get past the mass air flow sensor which could result in a lean condition. Also found that the mass air flow sensor appears to be incorrectly calculating the amount of air entering the engine at times. There is a temperature sensor that is part of the mass air flow sensor that measures air temperature. It also appears to be out of calibration at times reporting an air temperature of 40° It may be wise to repair the intake boot clamp and replace the mass air flow sensor and then reevaluate the knock sensor code. A lean condition could cause a spark knock which the computer May blame on a defective knock sensor. If the knock sensor code comes back it can be addressed at that time.
- See notes under check engine light diagnosis.
- Courtesy Vehicle Inspection: Includes vehicle inspection – report to be sent via text on any visual observations & any Scheduled MFG recommendations.
- MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR – Remove & Replace
- RUN OBDII MONITORS [3 OUTCOMES POSSIBLE] 1] PASS MONITORS 2] CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES BACK ON – DIAGNOSIS REQUIRED 3] MONITORS WILL NOT PASS – DIAGNOSIS REQUIRED
- SMOG RE-INSPECTION
- Remove & replace air filter
- CLEAN CNNECTIONS AND CABLES, TEST BATTERY AND CHARGING SYSTEM.
- KNOCK SENSOR – Remove & Replace – In-Line4 – [Includes: R&I Intake Manifold.]
- FUEL INJECTION SERVICE
- THROTTLE BODY CLEANING
- STEERING GEAR (COMPLETE) – Remove & Install or Remove & Replace – [Includes: Adjust toe-in on Rack and Pinion type Steering Gears. NOTE: Deduct .4 if alignment is also performed.]
- ROAD TEST FOR POWER STEERING OPERATION. INSPECT SYSTEM FOR LEAKS. FLUSH POWER STEERING LINES, PUMP, RACK AND PINION, AND OR GEAR BOX. INSTALL NEW POWER STEERING FLUID. INSTALL POWER STEERING ADDITIVE TO REVITALIZE SEALS. ROAD TEST.
- POWER STEERING PUMP – Remove & Replace – In-Line4
- ROAD TEST VEHICLE. CHECK ALL SUSPENSION AND STEERING PARTS FOR WEAR. CHECK TIRE PRESSURE AND CONDITION. CHECK RIDING HEIGHT. CHECK ALIGNMENT OF ALL FOUR WHEELS. ADJUST CASTER, CAMBER, TOE-IN, AND THRUST ANGLE AS NEEDED ON ALL FOUR WHEELS. CENTER STEERING WHEEL..
- WHEEL STUD – Remove & Replace – Front,One,One Side
- Mount Tires
JIMMY M. gave our service a 5 star review on 8/10/2022